Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Beauty and The Beast

Watching Beauty and The Beast as an adult makes me realize it's ine if my favorite stories.

The Beast was a spoiled rich kid, an asshole, and was cursed into a position where the only way his life could get better is if he learned to become a better person.

But because of his curse, becoming a better person is the most difficult thing he can do. He's hideously deformed, his family is gone, he lives in a delapodated nightmarish mansion and the remaining people he knows have been turned into talking clocks and wardrobes. 

I can relate to this. Many times, the things I've wanted most in my life only came when I stopped being a dickhead, but not having these things is a big part of what made me a dickhead. 

My "Bell" had come in a lot of forms, maybe it's a person, or a story I heard, or a lesson from my actions, but I owe a lot of credit to my "Bells" who somehow inspired me to stop being an asshole in the meantime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment