Friday, October 18, 2013

Middle School Story


            “I heard it hurts for guys to have sex the first time too.”

            “What? Why?” I asked.

            “Cause all the pussy juice gets into your dick-hole and it stings,” said some friend.

This is the first and last time I heard this. I am a child with the donkey of adulthood kicking at my walls.

It hurts? I figure pussy juice must be acidic, like orange juice, not as bad as lemon juice, but like orange juice.

         “But you probably get used to it,” I reply. 


There's dried Elmer's glue inside my locker from the last person who used it. I pick away at it but try to hide doing it cause I don't want to switch lockers.


In math class, the girl in front of me knows stuff about other people. Her acne and straight teeth make her look older.

            “Hey, do you know who Stacey Carson is? I heard she likes me,” I say.

            “I’m Stacey Carson.”

            “Oh.”

We look in opposite directions.



I get off the bus and walk home. The garage door is louder and scarier than a toilet flushing at night. I stop for a second to make sure I can hear my dad on the phone in his office. He is. I sprint upstairs.

There’s a little spot underneath my desk where the vent blows warm air. I like to sit under there with my toys. Today I had to free one of the plastic army guy’s heads from the ectoplasmic prison made from my mom’s glue gun glue. Blink-182’s Enema of the State hasn’t stopped playing on my stereo for two weeks. I don’t hear it anymore. The phone rings. It’s for me.

            “Hello?” I answer
           
            “Hey, Evan, it’s Sharon. I hate you.”

            “What? Why?”

            “Because you never say ‘hi’ when I see you in the halls.”

            “Well, what the fuck, why don’t you say ‘hi’ to me?”

            “Because you should think I’m cool enough that you should say ‘hi’ to me first.”

            “Okay, let’s just say hi at the same time then next time we see each other.”

            “Deal. I bet you’re still not going to.”

            “Did you talk to my mom?”

            “Yeah I just asked if you were there.”

            “What did she say?”
           
            “She just said ‘yeah, hold on.’ She seems nice.”

            “Oh. She’s not. What are you doing?”

            “I’m soaking my hands in wax.”

            “You’re soaking your hands in wax? What do you mean?”

            “Yeah. It makes them soft. It’s just one of those things girls do when we don’t have anything else to do.”

            “Right. Wax probably works like lotion.”

            “What do guys do when they don’t have anything to do?”

Under my desk, I strum the ribs of the heat vent, slid shut so glue-head’s head wouldn’t fall in incase I decided to lop it off that afternoon.

            “I don’t know. Download music and stuff or read a magazine.”

            “You read magazines?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Like what?”

            “Like Maxim, or The Robb Report.”

            “My brother reads Maxim.”

            “There's some good stuff in there. A lot of guys I know don’t read the articles and just look at the pictures but they just like don’t get it you know?”

            “Yeah, totally.”

We talk about nothing for a while. She asks if I would rather have a car all riced out or all muscled out. I don’t know what she means by either of those so I say all muscled out.

            “You should talk to Brianne.”

            “Brianne? Is she that girl who cuts up the bottom of her jeans?”

            “Wait, what do you mean?”

            “She has black hair and she cuts the sides of her jeans, like both sides?”

Sharon tells me some girls do that so their jeans fit over their shoes. I figure out Brianne is who I think she is, and Sharon and I talk about how we want to be rich when we grow up, and how black guys are always cool. She asks "how far I've gone." I tell her I've made out a couple times, but really it was once, on a dare, and it lasted five seconds. She doesn't answer for herself. 

We hang up and I find Brianne on AOL Instant Messenger. I don’t know what to say so I make fun of her for cutting up her jeans and riding horses. We talk about people and things we hate for about two hours and plan to hang out soon. I jerk off to a Photoshopped nude photo of Jennifer Aniston I think is real.


I’m at the movies, watching Zoolander with a group of fifteen or so middle schoolers and about eighty other people who want their money back. Sharon and some other girl made sure Brianne and I sat next to each other. She looked like a 13 year old Shannyn Sossamon – black straight hair, too much lip gloss, and too much makeup overall. And big bulging eyes. She smelled like candy and makeup. She wore a yellow hooded sweatshirt and jeans, not cut up at the bottom. We had only spoken to each other that one time online and never hung out before.

Somewhere around the second act of Zoolander (which Brianne would refer to as “Zoolanders” in the following weeks) I put my arm around Brianne because Sharon told me to. She relaxed her shoulder into the crook of my arm.

Every time I rub her shoulder with my thumb she runs a finger down my arm. I lower my hand to around her waist. I wait for her to adjust somehow. I move my hand onto to her stomach and graze the peachy skin under her shirt. Nothing but her breathing changes. I slide my finger along the inside of her jean’s waistband, ready to pull my hand away before she does. She doesn’t. I make sure she’s not asleep or hypnotized by Zoolander. I pull my hand away.

A few minutes later I put it back. I figure this is how that story I heard about Kyle getting a high school freshman naked started. I hang out there for a while, getting more creative and adventurous with all one can do with one’s fingertips wedged in the waistband of another’s pants. I take a break. We adjust closer to each other. I go back and dig a little until my hand slides deep enough to pinch the elastic band of her thong. I am one hundred percent positive if not her, someone will approach me with a flashlight and politely ask I remove my hand from this girl’s pants. It does not happen and I the only reason I know she’s not dead is because her breathing is accelerating. I try to pay attention to Zoolander. My hand becomes prosthetic right on the flesh above her pubic bone. It might as well be a new kind of girdle to block blows to the pelvis. At this point, I am willing to admit I could be totally wrong about what I think is down there.

I plunge further. And just when I think the lights will come up, alarms will go off, and we must evacuate the theater – wetness. Gushing, waterfalling, Return to The Blue Lagoon, Six Flags Waterpark wetness. To this day it is the wettest orphus I have ever encountered. Every organ in my body looks at each other waiting for the other to know what to do. I have my hand on what I assume is a shaved pussy. A squishy little hedgehog drooling like a madman. I go deeper. I guess it becomes what I imagined it to feel like from the fake Jennifer Aniston pussy, but softer, warmer, and of course, wetter.

I cup my hand around it for the remainder of the movie. No diddling, no tapping, no thrusts or clenching or whimpering – just soaking my fingers in the crotch Jacuzzi. I imagine any cuts or abrasions I might have had on my fingers were healed by the time I pulled out. I wipe my fingers on her pants and wait a few seconds to bring them to my nose. They smell cleaner, which surprises and mildly disappoints me. The lights come up and I look at my fingers. They’re pruney.  


A few days later I sit under my desk. I pick up glue-head guy, ready to chip the glue off with my butterknife-dull pocket knife, and freeze - I wonder how the toy is made, and how those plastic flaps around the edges get there. I put the pocket knife to the glue head but something is different, and, well, I just feel silly. I look at the rest of my toys on the floor. They look like plastic but act like wood. I put them back in the box under my bed with a mechanicalness I am aware of. A few years later I will remember this exact moment – I’m waking up on Christmas morning with, for the first time, the urge to spring out of bed and wait by the tree, gone, and I can’t stop noticing how gone it is, and how I want it to bother me but it doesn’t, and I travel back to the time I put my toys back in the box under my bed.

Brianne is my girlfriend. She leaves notes in my locker. She will call soon, but I don’t want to talk. I don’t want to talk to Sharon who’s suddenly getting hotter every day, I don’t want to talk to my guy friends who think I’m David Blaine Mindfreak since Zoolander, I don’t want to talk to anyone downstairs, I don’t want to talk to anyone and I don’t want to go anywhere.

There’s a collection of CD’s in my brother’s room. I find a new one to replace Blink-182. 

No comments:

Post a Comment